Conventions Malta, within the MTA, operates as part of the Maltese Islands official tourism board which is a national non-profit government organisation, established for over 25 years. Formerly referred to as the ‘M.I.C.E. Segment’; Conventions Malta focuses on conference and incentive travel and Association business to the Maltese Islands.
The role of Conventions Malta is that of promoting Malta, Gozo & Comino as a M.I.C.E. destination focusing on research and planning, marketing and promotion, product development and quality assurance.
At present, Conventions Malta offers free of charge, unbiased information and assistance to event organisers looking or planning to host their next event on our shores. Conventions Malta does not operate on a commercial basis.
Services Offered At Conventions Malta:
- We provide information about the destination and impartial advice to meeting, conference and incentive organisers together with the general public;
- We offer guidance to event organisers and associations interested in learning more about the destination and overall offer;
- We work closely with all MTA licensed trade partners to develop and enhance Malta’s M.I.C.E. offer;
- We assist with arrangements for site inspections working hand in hand with local trade partners and all MTA overseas units based on the contacts requirements
- We provide audio visual features, presentations and images to further market the Maltese Islands and promote the destination
- We provide literature in various language and collateral to distribute to clients and delegates prior or during their stay
- We assist with requests for information and provide details for local suppliers including Destination Management Companies, Conference Hotels and Conventions Centres
- We support Associations from bidding stage till after the event with preparation and various other support
- We promote and publicise events on our online conference calendar and official websit
Speaker Bio: Nicolas Sancho
Nic joined Conventions Malta in November 2015 and rapidly became the main point of contacts for any inquiries related to the MICE segment in the UK and Irish markets. Based in the London office, feel free to contact him if you have any questions or request a face to face meeting.